Monday, May 25, 2009

~Back & Forth Chapter~

I have had decidedly more fun over the weekend during my recent short trip back to Penang then me being sad. Reason for trip? Attend funeral of step-grandmother's (on my mom's side). Reason for not being that sad? Wasn't that close to step-grandmother and besides, the word "step-grandmother" should be enough to tell you how close my mom really was to her. Anyways~ had been a long time since I last saw my cousins (three and a half months to be exact lol!) and it was uber great to see all my family again. Most of time in the car was spent rolling my eyes at my sister who was happily snapping away with the digital camera at a million shots a second. So here are some of her "better" masterpieces, and a few shots as well of how 'tis in and near the G Hotel, Gurney Drive hahaha :::



And then, ohmigoodness, and THEN, there was the amount of good food at mega cheap prices over at Penang! I tell you, I was drooling everytime it was meal time (which happened often, those meal times, such happy hours ^^). No wonder people get so fat so easily whenever in Penang; it's almost like an eat-all-you-can buffet at an affordable rate (I'm missing Penang's goodies already~~) *whimpers*. We only spent like, what, RM100? And we ordered plates upon platters upon bowls of food, all thanks to me mom, who went quite mad ordering everything that took her fancy (HI MOM! I LOVE YOU!) ^^ Some examples are :::

Char Hor Fun - RM3.80

Char Koay Teow - RM3.30

Fried Oysters - RM6.00

Char Koay Kak - RM2.00

Cheezy Chicken - RM7.50

Chicken Katsu - RM7.00

Chicken Carbonara - RM7.50

Spaghetti Carbonara - RM5.00

Drinks - RM9.20

You all jealous now, hmmm? Lol you should be!!