Tuesday, September 2, 2008

~Ginger Creams Chapter~

My dearest computer, which recently gained the title of "moyang", decided on Friday evening to take a long-needed break from the Ng family and contracted one hundred and eighty eight viruses of various types and danger-levels (yes you read it right, a whopping one-eight-eight). In short, it crashed and made my whole family (read: my sister only) panic. No other way of completing homework and projects equals widespread pandemonium. As it is, I smsed my dear "brother" immediately for info on who to call when a comp's in trouble. Him being the "darling him" that he is, forgot good ol' me all over again. Was apparently rushing out for a family something-or-another *pffft!* Like I don't know he's prolly about to go meet a girl (or rather, girlSSS) xD So yeah, had no way of blogging and this post will be a mini-update on my life (or rather, the lack of it) over the 3 days of hols.

So mummy dearest calls her best friend who has a genius for a son to ask for help. Luckily for us, he was free on Saturday so it was planned for him and family to drop by somewhere in the late afternoon. *BEEP BEEP* goes my mom's handphone and whaddya know? My fifth uncle and his whole family will be staying till after dinner for a "family celebration" of sorts since his son (my cousin la) went through his graduation ceremony in the morning. So okay, mom postpones the repairing of comp to Sunday. Had a great time being with family then it was time for them to go. Was way too pooped to do much homework (nah, I was a humongous bag of lazybones if you want to know the truth~) so I ended up watching "The Last Samurai" and using up half a box of tissues to wipe up the flood of tears.

Sunday dawns bright, early and over-shiny-ish..........and I scare myself silly while looking in the toilet mirror; I resemble the best of pandas. Major funny, really. I make my slow steady way over to Cheryl's house in the early hours where sane people are still fast asleep enjoying the rest-day (10am!) to try and complete the IT project that's due this Friday. Anywhoo, we still had loads to finish up on and haven't made much progress on what we were doing. Panicking was definitely not on our agendas. So yeah, we continued to keep our cool, prayed hard for us to try and get at least some of it done and generally just sweated it out on the comps. Suddenly, her mom invites us to go to the temple with her. We jumped at the chance to stretch our legs and get a breath of fresh air so that's how we ended up taking nice little pictures in the temple, which you can see further on. At 4pm, I gave it up and went back home only to run smack dab into my mom's best friend's genius of a son who was saving the computer and our miserably-computer-dependant lives.

First thought: thank GOD we're saved! Second thought: omg he's mega good-looking! And this is where I bonk myself on the head for being so stooped. He's 27 and super intelligent and tall and has a great character. LIKE I have a chance, yeah *heavy sarcasm dripping* He saves the day, we all go out for dinner together (his dad and his sister, Michelle who's majorly fun to be with, were also part of the troupe that went out with us too). After that, back to my house for a little bit of small talk and off they go back to their home *sigh* I kid myself toooooo much actually. And for now, I need to get back to my dinner so this is where I say toodles~!

P/S: This post is why I need to make my blog private!