Thursday, November 20, 2008

~Unbelievably Amazing Chapter~

Here it is, the majorrrrr event that is the SAM Corroboree of 2008 (corroboree also known as prom to the uninitiated), our "last night" as college students before moving on to the big bad cruel cold world of adultdom *badabadaladeeBOOM* Righto, only one word, in my opinion, is sufficient enough to sum the night's events up :::

BLAST!!!

Yeap, I had the time of my life. Well, okay I have to admit it was blah-dee-boring in the beginning but things kinda picked up round midway thru the whole event, with the Arabian dancers [they sure knew how to move those booties and get the hormone-raging boys crowd all worked up *hoot*] and the Salsa dancers [Mellie the Schmellie and his "partner" (read:special one *winkwink*) were one of the couples; never knew the kid could dance :))] and the whole guitar-strumming and singing sessions. Made a major mistake I promised over a hundred times not to --> arriving an hour and a half late. Partly thanks to the stooped traffic jam that started from my front gate [no, I'm kidding, whaddya think] all the way to the Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel's front entrance [this one I'm not kidding ==].

Fumbled my way to my seat in the darkened ballroom in time for the first performance to begin. Till now, for the life of me, I can't seem to remember much of those performances, but I DO remember lots of photos being taken throughout the whole night!Omg lots of camwhoring opportunities were around and about! *cheers* Foodwise, it was considered an a-ok with the typical 8-course Chinese dinner, complete with what-I-think-is-shark's-fin-soup. Felt guilty eating those "poor, helpless, almost extinct creatures" but didn't think much of it that time. Heh. Dessert was the weirdest concoction I've ever laid eyes on [it looked like huge cotton balls floating in a thick orange paint, no kidding], and everyone seated at table number 41 [yay to my table!!] were staring hard as the waiter ladled it out into little bowls. It turned out pretty tasty and I didn't have "such severe food poisoning I couldn't feel my butt later on" as my crazy lost darling brother puts it so delicately *bleh to you too kor*

The bestest, most memorable part of the night would have to be when Jagjit pointed out that the little blue piece of paper I came close to throwing away was in fact, a very important part of completing the whole night. It was, yesyes, a ticket allowing anyone who attended the event free entrance to Euphoria [eeep!], which was right next door to where our corroboree was held. Now that was the real highlight of the night since I had never been there before, and judging by the amount of good reviews I heard about that place, it's one of the best places to go~ Nadirah and I popped over first as we had to leave early later on [wtfh la I know] to check it out. I managed to happily confirm that it lived up to my expectations [*^^*] At first, not many people were there but then more and more started coming in and onto the dance floor till it was packed. No pictures though, the place was too dark for 'em. The one event that stands out was when a certain "someone" with quite abit of drink in him tried to take to the dance floor as well. Suffice to say, it wasn't as expected [=Þ]. Anyway, pictures time! :::