Thursday, October 29, 2009

~Just Another Hurdle Chapter~


It's been awhile since I last posted anything. This week hasn't been such a great one after all, no matter me behaving otherwise or showing a happily-nonchalant face.

I have both my parents "attacking" me left right centre back and front and I have had barely enough time to gasp in between the stings. But, no matter, I'm still standing tall.

I have friends taking pokes and making jibes at my expense with me always feeling uncomfortably awkward but unable to retaliate for reasons best left unknown. The one good thing is it helps me laugh at myself, no matter how painful it gets. And no, of course it isn't a pleasant feeling, who would like to disagree? You guys having fun, yeah? Oh, you are? Awesome, you see, I'm not ((: But, no matter. I'm still smiling, albeit a little falsely, thanks.

I have my two "formerly darling" little rascals that other people would dub "hamsters" biting and mauling one another yesterday night till one is bleeding badly, and no, I'm not allowed to bring the liddle injured mouse to the vet because it's "cheaper to buy a brand new injury-free one". Soooooo.........if I fell deadly ill, it'll be so much more cheaper to buy a new daughter than to send me to a hospital right? But, no matter, I'm still alive and kicking (oh boohoo to them; no prizes for guessing who).

I have to withstand another crushed hope in the process as well (why do I always do this to me and why does it always have to happen at the most inopportune moments?). Think I move on fast? Self-protection, my dear, an essential survival tool. But, no matter, I'm still strong, I have to be.

All this I endure in the span of one short week. Still standing, still smiling, still alive and still strong. For how long do I keep up this facade? Till I reach the safety of my room of course.


" Just cause I can't go on
Just cause I die when you're gone

And just cause I think of you in bed

Don't let it go to your head "